Sunday, December 18, 2005

Protein Waffles

For Christmas, I got one of my many "wants" (notice I didn't say "need" *lol*). My husband got me a "waffle maker"! I was thrilled! He gave it to me early since we are travelling for the holidays and he wanted to be sure that what he got me was what I wanted.

I just finished eating my first batch of waffles and it's 7:00 PM at night! ooooooooooooh, I don't want to hear it, it was completly an "authorized" clean recipe!

Here's the recipe for you! (sorry no pictures, I ate them too fast! *LOL* I'll make them again soon and will post photos then).

HIGH PROTEIN WAFFLES
3 egg whites
1/4 cup of oat flour
2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
1 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
1 package of artifical sweetener (I used Splenda - made for cooking)
Dash of Cinnamon ( to taste)

DIRECTIONS:
Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl. Spoon batter (or pour) into a preheated waffle iron (add some non-stick cooking spray). Cook until golden brown and serve with sugar free syrup or cut strawberries.

NOTES:
- If you don't have oat flour... all you need to do is take some regular oatmeal and blend in blender till "flour" like.
- My waffles cooked real quick! I made two big round waffles with this batch.

CALORIES (without syrup): 375
PROTEIN: 59g
CARBS: 25g
FATS: 5g

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home