Thursday, December 01, 2005

Hello!!! I'm back!!! :)

After stuffing my face full of food for the past month, I have done lots of damage that I must now “repair”. After the competition, I went into a state of “gloominess” and my comfort was sweets and junk food! For about a month, I have been eating anywhere between 2,000 up to 4,000 cal a day! I’m now up to 131 lbs, NOT GOOD! Off-season weight, according to a good friend of mine, should be anywhere between 130 and 132 lbs…but the problem is, I gained the weight too fast and with not a whole lot of hard training. The goal was to gain my weight back slowly, eat clean and train real hard – work on my weak spots and add some muscle.

Monday, I started fresh! I’ve got my diet/workout programs in writing, and I’m ready to shed back down to 125 lbs! The whole “bulking” idea isn’t meant for me! *lol* I used it for an excuse to eat, eat, and eat! I have been very bad, and now I’m paying the price. A few competitors had “pre-warned” me about the “contest blues”, of where you mentally play a game with yourself and say “Well, I worked my butt off so hard, it’s time to reward myself, have another huge chocolate bar, muffin, bagel, bag of chips, etc.”…but honestly, there’s a fine line between rewarding yourself and being “unintelligent” and stuffing your face till you about cause yourself a stomach stroke! (If there’s such a thing! HA!)

I now officially weigh-in at 131 lbs (this is after a few days of clean eating), I now have to shed off 6 lbs of fat! Doesn’t sound like a lot you say? Well, how does a month and a half sound like? Sure, I could shed it off in about 3 weeks, but I’ve been dieting for so long, to slash my calories back down to 1400 cal a day, increase cardio to 4 to 5 sessions a week may not be the best thing for me to do at the moment…my body is still trying to adjust! Still no monthly visit….haven’t had my periods since the end of July! WOW! That’s almost 6 months ago…and NO I’m definitely not pregnant.

I’m still working on my cookbook, but I have been putting this program aside for the past two weeks since my Personalized Children’s Books business has kicked off for the Holiday Season and I have to say this is the best year I’ve had for my Online Web Store…it keeps getting better and better each year, I just need to hang on for a few more years before I see a lot more traffic and becomes more profitable…for the past two years, the profits have been strictly invested back into my business, no pocket money (except for a few occasions where I had to use my business for emergency purposes, daughter getting sick and having the pay for the doctor and medicine!). Shipping books everywhere in the USA is building my business up! Also, on the very last page of the books, there’s a list of “available titles” and my website address, so, I’m sure I’m getting some “word of mouth” advertising this way…Anyway, I don’t have a major in Marketing but my efforts thus far have proven effective. I’ve had a few bad investments but that’s ok, I learned from them, and it’s not like they were “risky” investments.

Ok, enough about “business” talk. *LOL* Running my little business is so much fun, but I’m sure “reading” about it can’t be as exciting as it is for me to write about it!

Anyway, still no pregnancy yet, and I’m starting to get a little anxious. I want to compete again, and I want to start soon! I don’t want it to be five years down the road, I want to compete again like yesterday!! *LOL*

I’ve got the motivation, determination and the discipline to do it….what I don’t have that is so important while competing is a great supporter “in your household”. I’ll be COMPLETELY OPEN and HONEST and NO, my husband will tolerate it but he’s not the best supporter……..he is supportive of me working out for good health, but he doesn’t want to see me take it to the next level (which to him, is EXTREME) and compete. ….. as for me, I’ve had this “competition” bug in my head before I even meet him!!! I just never really “voiced out” my desire to compete cause he always said that the girls were not “normal” and looked “horrible”. ...so I had a fear of him not loving me so, I just never told him for years…. NO MORE HIDING! Love for me what I am and WHAT I CAN ACCOMPLISH :) He can learn to deal with it! :)

4 Comments:

Blogger KC said...

I know what you mean about rewarding yourself. Even just after completeing a regular ol' BFL 12 weeks, I was like, yay for me, I'm allowed to go insane with food and drink now!

I really admire you for being so determined, even without hubby's full support. It can't be easy. I'm sure he appreciates having a hot, hard-bodied wife though!

3:24 PM  
Blogger PartTimeMom said...

stomach stroke - that's a good word for it.

a nice slow fat burn sounds like a good idea right now - good for you.

I hope you find that 'key supporter' soon.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Tracey said...

Great post Carole! I found alot of comfort in the fact that even though the bulk has gone on it can just as easily be taken off. I'm still struggling but its encouraging when I read about what you're going through so thanks for that! Just keep writing about this stuff 'cause I'm hoping some of it will rub off on me - and for the love of God, before, during & after Christmas LOL.

Tracey

4:24 PM  
Blogger Renée (R.E.) Chambliss said...

Sorry you've been blue. I'll bet that fat comes off pretty easily, though, since it's so new.

I have to tell you again how much I love your recipes. I made the tuna cakes last night and they are SO good! I also love the fool yourself apple pie. I change it up sometimes by microwaving frozen blueberries, or rasberries, or strawberries for fool yourself berry pie! So good when it's cold out.

It's hard not getting as much support as you'd like. I think it's great that you have that drive inside you to compete. And in the end, we have to rely on ourselves to achieve our goals. Support is good, but it's nothing if you don't have that strength to keep trying. You've got it! It'll happen when the time is right.

Take care,

Renee (Flash)

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home