Saturday, November 12, 2005

Carole's Tuna Cake's


I ate these for lunch, they were good, thought I'd share the recipe with you (I just kind of threw in some "crunchy" stuff into my tuna, that's what I was in the mood for).

Ingredients
1 can of tuna (or salmon!)
3 tbsp of chopped celery
3 tbsp of chopped water chestnut
1 tbsp of chopped onion (I guess you could also use dry onion if you want)
1 tsbsp of low-sodium soy sauce
1 large egg white
1/4 cup of traditional oatmeal
pepper
1 tbsp of canola oil (for frying tuna cakes)

Sauce:
1 1/2 tbsp of Fat Free Miracle Whip
1 tbsp of Relish
Mix two ingredients together. Once tuna patties are cooked, top with sauce. YUM! This makes the dish!

Use hand-held blender (or regular "big" blender) and blend oatmeal till desired "texture". Blend all ingredients into a bowl. Eat frying pan with canola oil. Form two patties with mixture and cook like you would a crab cake. Top with 2 tbsp of Tartar Sauce (preferrably made with fat free miracle whip and relish). :) Enjoy!

4 Comments:

Blogger Larry said...

Carole,

I'm not sure if I should admit this but I'm a man who enjoys cooking (when I have the time). I enjoy the recipe posts you make. So does my girlfriend. It's all good stuff!

Larry

3:09 PM  
Blogger Mari said...

Sounds awesome!!yummy

11:11 PM  
Blogger Stef said...

OK...tried another batch of the sweet potato stuff and this time used splenda brown sugar and it was....TO DIE FOR!!!!!!

Try it that way!

Stef :-)

2:01 PM  
Blogger Renée (R.E.) Chambliss said...

I made these for dinner tonight with some leftover salmon and they were SO good! I didn't have any celery, so I chopped up some red bell pepper instead. And I also didn't have any relish so I couldn't make the tartar sauce, but they were really tasty just plain.

Thanks for the recipe, Carole! :o)

-Renée (Flash)

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home