Monday, December 19, 2005

Step #1 - ACCOMPLISHED!

As discussed in my post of December 15th ("The Total Money Makeover"), my first goal as been accomplished! We now have $1000.00 saved for Emergency Purposes!

Tonight, we will sit down and figure out what needs to happen next. We are going to put all of our “ducks” in a row, which recurring bills we can eliminate to give us “extra” cash each month that will be put towards are credit card debt.

I’ll confess, for Christmas, I really wanted to buy myself a set of SelectTech Dumbbells ($399 + tax + shipping), but because of our new goals, this will definitely not happen! Instead, one pair of 20 or 25 lbs dumbbells will be purchased ($20.00) and the “Original Club Step” ($80.00) for cardio…I’m in serious need of a change of pace when it comes to cardio, cause there’s only so much “biking” a girl can do! I’ve burned myself out on that bike when I was prepping for my Figure Competition. Also, there’s a method to my madness, the stepper will hopefully help with my glutes, and they need serious toning up (cause I sit on my “ass” on day long at work!). My husband already got me a “exercise ball” that will help with certain exercises such as back extensions, ball crunches, chest press (which utilizes your small stabilizer muscles), etc.

I’ve been in a “runt” for the past month, barely working out but may be once or twice a week, my scale keeps going up and up and I keep telling myself “I’ll start again next Monday”, anybody with me on this one?? HA! Vicious cycle! I need to regain control of my workouts and eating habits; however, I’ll start with the working out aspect of it and then fix the eating habits by the New Year!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mari said...

Oh I start every other day :) You will find the spark.

1:18 AM  
Blogger Udenia said...

Hey sexy! I love the picture of you and your daughter, how precious is that? I know what you mean about,"I'll start Monday", I have been saying that for two months now and finally started on Sunday.... try and add turbo Jam to your cardio routine, I did, had to change it up as well... You can do some kicks, punches and some dancing (butt pumping) stuff that is fun and yet your sweating...I think the whole thing cost like 60-70$$ and you get 3 DVDs, 6-8 different workouts and stretch band for resistance training.. that might help in the cutting.. Good Luck Carol! I am rooting for you,,, Udenia

1:19 AM  
Blogger Janel said...

Carole, Congrats on you emergency fund!!Are you going to keep in in a glass frame like that one lady did? (I thought that was cute-in case of 911-break glass) Don't mean to be nosey, but I can't decided where to put mine, once I fnally get it! :)I'm thinking just a regular savings account. Anyway, good job!!!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Carole Ingram said...

Janel: No, we didn’t do like that lady but it was definitely a good idea! For now, we put ours into a savings account…I just don’t want it in my house in case of a break in or fire….although 1,000 is not much, it can mean a big difference when you are down to nothing. 

Tania: AWESOME! You’ll be a trainer! KICK BUTT! That’s another one of my goals too but I’ll have to budget for it and it’ll be something that me and my husband will need to discuss in the future. I already know what he’s going to say though, and it won’t be in my favor :(. Unless it brings “money” , he won’t do it…and he’ll say that if I become a trainer, I’ll need to train people early morning, night and weekends and that equals to time spent away from family … he says I got enough on my plate with full time job, being a mommy and having a small part time business. He does have a point but I would STILL love to become a Personal Trainer! I’m very envious but I’m also SO VERY PROUND OF YOU!!! You GO Girl!!! I would love to do the “meltdown challenge” as well, but my challenge will be different then most…since I cannot lower my bodyfat too much, my challenge will be to incorporate a healthy training regimen that will keep me fit enough to go through a healthy pregnancy once I do get pregnant! :-) I would LOVE to bring in the New Year knowing that we are expecting! That would be so cool!

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home