Monday, June 26, 2006

Funeral Service Today

I greatly appreciates everyone thoughts and prayers. I'm still very emotional over his passing, especially at such a young age, 46 years old! To think that my grandmother had him at that age “46” and she is still living today just blows my mind. He was the youngest of a family of 13 and the first to pass away. Today is his funeral service and I’m not attending for many reasons. His funeral is in CT, which is approximately 11 hours away. I’m also 32 weeks pregnant and cannot afford a “last minute” flight ticket. Also, the company I work for only provides with “one day” funeral pay and I’ve only got 3 days of vacation left for the entire year which will be used up this week and next week due to a one week closing at my daughter’s daycare. Anyway, I would really wanted to be there for my young siblings but circumstances are that I will not be able to be there.

My father passed away on Saturday June 17th, after battling cancer and defeating it! His last visit to the doctor had confirmed that he was cancer free; he was finally gaining weight and feeling better each day. It was a bit of a shock to all of us when we heard that he had passed, we were optimistic that he was going to make it through. He passed away “on the job” and he was alone…a co-worker found him but it too late. An autopsy has been performed and we should find out the cause of death within the next couple of weeks (my uncle said a couple of months, but don’t know why it would take that long?!?). I’m not even going to start stipulating what happen to him, too many possibilities and why worry about it?

One thing that I’m thankful for, I did get to speak with him two days before his passing. We had about 15 minute conversation, we got to say our “I Love You’s”, we did talk about the name that we picked out for the baby of which he loved, and he also got to speak to his grand-daughter for a little bit. He was in the middle of eating his favorite meal when I was talking to him, so, I had to let him go but I had promised to call back by the end of the week, which I would have called for father’s day…I didn’t get the chance to do that.

Today will be a hard one for me; I’ll make it through, but probably not without a few tears and prayers.

Again, I do appreciates everyone’s thoughts and prayers, I surely do miss you all.

6 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Big Hug from me too, thinking about you & your family.

6:32 PM  
Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

Thinking of you.
You are in my thoughts today.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

I hope you and your family are doing well.

Lori

6:46 PM  
Blogger MeLiSsA said...

I am sorry to hear about your father passing away.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Janel said...

Big hug!!!

Janel

8:09 PM  
Blogger Alex Trenoweth said...

Carole--Sorry to read about your loss. I hope you and your family find the peace and comfort you need at this very difficult time. Take good care of yourself and your family.

Love and best wishes,

Persephone

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home