Friday, August 04, 2006

Baby Update :)

Only have but 16 more days to go until my due date “August 20th”. No signs of progression so far (no dilation, no effacement). I’m going to the doctor this afternoon; hopefully I’ll have some news to share! Last week they told me I was measuring smaller then they wanted so they checked the baby’s size (ultrasound), they said everything looked great and that she weighed approximately 6 lbs.

Currently, I weigh approximately 172 lbs, sounds like a lot but it’s not too bad when last time, I was at about 195 lbs! I’m retaining some water but not too bad, at least, I’m still wearing my wedding ring. It seems lately that the baby has the hiccups everyday; in fact, she’s got them right now as I’m typing! I’m also getting contractions on a daily basis but not very strong, just the type that last about 45 seconds that feel like a bad menstrual cramp…they seem to happen a lot at night when I’m trying to sleep. *lol* They also happen a lot when she’s very active and moving around, it just provokes contractions. I’m starting to feel very anxious for this baby to come but I’m also nervous about how Cassandra is going to react and how ethic my life will become with a newborn, a 3 year old, a dog (trying to find him a new home), a cat, and a husband that may be working longer hours or traveling in order for us to have a roof over our heads and food on the table.

On a good note, my mother will be coming down to visit us from Canada on August 18th and will be staying for a full month, so, she will be a great help! She is practically my personal maid when she’s there (cooks, cleans, does my laundry, etc…that woman can’t sit down for 5 minutes!) I do have to say that I wished we lived closer to each other, because she’s the best! She had me at a very young age and practically raised me on her own, I give her a lot of credit for that…my father was also very thankful for her, the last few years of his life, he has told me and my mother over and over again that he was grateful for her, that he took no credit for my upbringing and that she couldn’t have done a better job at it. My mother and I haven’t talked much about my father recent passing just a month and a half ago, she hasn’t really said much about how it affected her….all I know is that ever since the day, when we talk over the phone and before we hang up, she now says “I Love You”, something she’s NEVER done. I think she wants to reassure me that she really does love me, but hearing her say it is very strange to me *lol* but I really do appreciate her effort in expressing her love, but it’s just one of those things that she doesn’t have to say anything, I just know that she does!

Well, I better get back to work, hopefully I’ll have a good update to share after my doctor’s visit today. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home