Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Self Doubt?

I just went to bfltracker.com and just saw averismommy’s transformation; I’m so impressed with her transformation! She looks really good and I’m proud of her accomplishments. With this being said I now look back at my 12-week transformation and want to kick myself in the butt for not working harder. However, I really did the best that I could with the little knowledge that I had at the time about proper nutrition, supplementation and exercise. I had no help and learned as I went on. My decision to “whip” myself back into shape was made within a week’s time, I was absolutely fed up with my out of shape body and wanted to do something about it “immediately”…so, there was no real planning done before hand, I just “did” it! However, looking back, I wish I could have planned ahead of time, get myself mentally ready to really kick butt for 12-weeks and focus on a good nutrition plan. However, considering how I was before and what I am now, I’m still very thankful for what I have accomplished…perhaps putting it off for the purpose of better “planning” would have been a bad idea at the time, cause I might not have followed through with my 12-week challenge.

I may or may not be completely “ready” for the Figure Shows but I keep reminding myself, “Carole, you’ve only been training since the beginning of February, give yourself a break, you’ve come a long way”. I have my moments where I look at myself and say "Can I really do this? Is this for me?"... Don't get me wrong, I won't give up, the OLD Carole would have a long time ago but not anymore... I just have my moments of doubts and concerns. Just makes me thing, does every competitor have doubts like I do?

Also, I spoke with Stef about the use of steroids at the pro-level. There’s definitely some Figure Ladies that use some “lighter” durative version of steroids, that’s what gives them the “edge” over everyone else….Is it ok you ask? Well, depends how you look at it. I think that its “ok” to some point, BUT if you really want to compete and have a level playing field, consider only competing in “Natural Tested Bodybuilding Competition”. If they are not tested, you are going to be at an unfair advantage, it’s a matter of “Are you willing to go ahead and compete against that”…Not all of them “use” steroids, but I wouldn’t be surprised if 90% use some type of chemical enhancement/steroids durative. I still think that you need to be genetically gifted and have a kick butt body to compete in the pro level, steroids or not!

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Erase your self doubts RIGHT NOW! You are one of the most inspiring people I follow on tracker and your blog. I'm so flippin impressed with your transformation... I had to start reading your blog. You and Go4Steff are the most inspiring to me because I get to read your great posts and blogs and you both have completely transformed your bodies and states of mind! I can't believe you're having self doubts... I'm going to go donate to your fitness fund right now! Arghhhh!

God bless ya, Carole! Have a great day and don't doubt yourself one second more...!

Rachel (Miss Fit at tracker)

6:24 PM  
Blogger Stef said...

I remember Russ came home from work where he had just read the book.... he said "we are starting today"...I was like "uh....ok". If I had been "prepared" who knows how my C1 would have ended up. Maybe better, but maybe not. Sometimes I think its better to jump right in with both feet and say "OH YES BABY...LETS GO"!!!

Stef :-)

8:21 PM  
Blogger Carole Ingram said...

Thanks you all!

Tania: wow, I had forgotten about that my first post on blogger! How did you get that?? *lol*

Jim: Yup, if I only knew...but I'm glad that I did it on my own, I'm much more "pround" of myself for accomplishing what I did "ON MY OWN!" *lol* :-)

mybeaner: Thanks for your donation sweetie! I appreciate it..and my self doubt is GONE! ;-) I was having a moment :-)

supergirl: thanks sweetie for your words of encouragement! I will focus on today (and not on yesterday!) :-)

T: You always make me smile! You are right, I still got 6 more weeks, I shouldn't fret too much. :-)

stef: Wow! I'm glad I'm not the only one that "jumped" into it almost blind! *lol* COOL! BTW, thanks for the cool card, I got it yesterday! THANK YOU !!!!!

nico: Merci beaucoup pour tes mots de courage! Je t'admire beaucoup et garde contact ok? I will definitely take your advice and STOP comparing myself to other competitors and focus on what "Carole" can do best!

Thanks All!

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home