Friday, September 02, 2005

Soon...very soon!! Exciting News!

I’m so excited! Next weekend, I will be ordering my suits! I talked with the lady that will making them and she gave me great information about what type of suits would look best on me because I’m now down to a size 34A! Also wearing a size 4 (some 2’s!)My chest is pretty flat, it’s depressing! So, the 2 pc suit that I originally wanted is out of the question, it will not look good on me. She also gave me a quote and unfortunately, my suits will not be as decorated as I would like them to be. Both suits undecorated will cost $320.00 (incl.), she suggested that I add an additional $50.00 per suit for decorations; she will decorate my suits according to my budget. This is a grand total cost of $420.00 for my suits! Oh, and this is only “basic” – lots of women at the competitions will probably spend a lot more then me, but guess who’s going to look best!? She also mentioned that, since these will be my first competitions, in the future, if I want to do more competitions, I can send her the suits back for “additional” decorations, this way; it will look like a completely new suit (but really not!) ha! Clever!

Anyway, on top of purchasing the suits, I still need to get my hair colored, my nails done, my teeth whitened (crest whitening kit), pay for my registration fees & NPC Card ($40.00 each show + $70.00 NPC Card), tanning products, etc.

For those of you that are thinking of competiting, SERIOUSLY thinking about it, START SAVING YOUR $$$$$$. It isn’t cheap AND you won’t win money, all you get is a title and trophies……however, the rewards that you will reap for yourself will be worth a lot more to you then the title and trophies.

Another great idea, if you workout at a gym, try to get your gym to sponsor you by paying for your entry fees and NPC Card…get them to give you free T-Shirts or anything type of clothing article that has their logo/town on it and when you go to compete, you will be advertising them! I haven’t tried this but I need to talk with the gym owner (my personal trainer told me to do this! It worked for him in the past). Sometimes, it’s hard to convince them to sponsor you when you are “just starting” – they want you to “prove” yourself to them before they take the “risk” of investing any type of money on you, but be persuasive! It simply doesn’t hurt to ask!

Another great note! I CAN EAT PEANUT BUTTER!!! *LOL* How exciting! I’m more thrilled about that then buying my suits! HAHAHAHAHA!

3 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Can't wait to see the new suits...be sure to post photos!! I'd be excited about the peanut butter too.....YUM!!! Keep it up!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Stef said...

Carole~ I am very proud of you, we all are! You are doing such an awesome job!!!

Great that you can have PB again. Thats one of the things I crave.. but mine is JIF not the good for you kind. You asked what I was craving to make me go crazy and binge???? I just wanted everything in sight that has been forbidden....all carbs...and JIF!

keep up the great work!

5:26 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

I am with everyone else, can't wait to see your suits...you are going to look so great girl...so excited for you!

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home