Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I have AWAKEN the cook within!

Ok this is absolutely, without a doubt, to some people TORTURE! Read at your OWN risk! This weekend, I have cooked the most unbelievable desserts! Of course, I didn’t eat ANY of it, as I’m not allowed. However, it doesn’t mean that other people can’t enjoy it! Here’s the list of sweets that I cooked over the weekend: Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (yup, just as good as the real thing), Cinnabon Rolls (Oh yeah, to die for!), Chocolate Chips Cookies (made from scratch, comparable to Mrs. Field’s!) AND Banana Bread Loafs with Cream Cheese Frosting…. and YES, I have resisted ALL of them! I don’t know what got into me, but all I want to do is COOK! Perhaps those are things that I really want to eat but since I can’t have them, I make them for others to have OR perhaps it keeps me so busy, that it distracts me from going “out of my mind” since I’m so strict on my diet…either way, it’s helping me cope with all of it! Do I mind all that sweet stuff around the house? NOPE, not at all, cause my will-power is STRONG! Perhaps I’m “testing” myself?!? Who knows why I’m doing this!? All I know is that my family, friends and co-workers LOVE it! HA!

For those of you that would like the following recipes (for your cheat day), let me know, I’ll gladly share them with you! You won’t be disappointed.

  • Mrs. Field's Chocolate Chip Cookies (clone recipe)
  • Cinnabon's Cinnabon Rolls (clone recipe)
  • Reese's Peanut Butter Cup (clone recipe)

The banana bread recipe is not what I would consider the "best" banana bread out there, I'm still searching for a good one! My mother makes a kickbutt version of it and I might have to break down and ask it from her *lol*. The frosting is the same as the Cinnabon's Rolls Frosting.

Stef sent me this card! I look at it everyday! LOVE IT!! I wanted to share it with you all! Thanks sweetie for the card!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

Alright girl, you are one sick puppy...but one hell of a strong one...lolololol...I can't even think of that stuff...let alone, BAKE it in my house, I'd be as big as my house...lol...your willpower is astonishing...then again, thats why you look so damn good...
Hugs
Christie

10:01 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

No way could I have those in the house, let alone making them myself! You are so strong! The smell alone would get me. You should post those recipes....yummmmmm.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Carole Ingram said...

Jim: may be next time, I can send you a few chocolate chip cookies in the mail? Or even a Cinnabon? Would you like that?? :-) (I'm very serious!). *lol* I'd be glad too!

Yes, it takes strong will-power, but I'm sooooooo HAPPY to say that I DID IT!! I can COOK and NOT EAT! *lol*

11:41 AM  
Blogger Stef said...

OMG~ my mouth was just watering from reading your blog....You are fucused!!! Way to go!

You are very welcome for the card. I saw it and immediately thought of you! You are going to kick ass in your competiton, I just know it!!!

Stef

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home