Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Day 37 - Wow, I'm tired !

Today, I’ll be honest, I’m exhausted and moody. I’m starting to feel like “crap”, but I was told that it was going to get this way. It’s not going to get easier; it’ll probably get very hard during the last four weeks! Hard training, dieting, posing, frustrations, people, etc…some days, I might start feeling like I’m in over my head and want to start screaming. What keeps me going? Goals and support from my BFL Buddies/Friends/Family/Co-Workers, etc! The drive and desire to reach my goals and dreams! I can’t emphasize it enough, to ANYONE that wants to start a challenge (of any sort!), you MUST write down your goals…they are your guide to your success. Make them challenging but also make them achievable. In the beginning, it might be hard to write down goals because you are unsure of your true potential. For example, you might want to be able to run 2 miles under 16 minutes, but you barely can run 1 minute without having to stop and take a breather… Ok, well, still keep the 2 miles under 16 minutes goal, but write down smaller achievable goals along the way that will bring you to your ultimate true goal, which is to run those 2 miles! Small goals lead you to your bigger goals and give you motivation and self-confidence to reach your highest potential! Make sense? Look around you, take a good look at those that have reached and succeeded where a normal person wouldn’t and ask them what they have done to get where they are at…most of them will tell you, they had a road map, which consisted of GOALS!

Be consistent, don’t give up, and when you feel like giving up, reach REAL down inside of you and ask the question “What do you want the most?” …chocolate or chicken? Trust me, somedays, it would be so much more easier to reach for that chocolate..but I simply don’t! The next day, I pat myself on the back and say, “Job well done Carole for such a great day yesterday, now, try do the same today, if not better! You can do it!”

6 Comments:

Blogger Stef said...

I can't agree with you more Carole! The goal setting and writing it down is very important. I am really into the write it down thing right now. It really does help to see your goals on paper. Re-write them every so often. Remind yourself of how important they are to you.

I am so proud of you and what you are achieving! You are very focused and driven...how awesome is that. It is something to look up to. Thanks Carole....like it or not...you are a role model for other women!

Stef :-)

4:36 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

alright, alright, all this talk about goals...sheesh, gonna right mine this week...and Carole, you go ahead and get grumpy girl...we will still love ya, and support ya!

1:58 AM  
Blogger Stef said...

Whats up with all the unsolicited and unwanted comments! I got a bunch the other day! its like spam on your blog!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Marijayde said...

OMG Carole you are just hitting me on the head today! You and Stef both are causing me to look real hard at how I think about my challenges.

so much to chew on, think about, etc. thx

11:05 AM  
Blogger Carole Ingram said...

Please Please Please NO MORE JUNK POST! Gosh...this is worse then Junk Emails!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Just wrote out a whole new list of goals! You couldn't have said it better....just can't stress goalsetting's importance enough.

I was talking with my sister-in-law last night who has competed several times. She has said over and over that the worse she felt, the better she looked. And damn did she look good. Sucks that it has to be that way. But once that comp day comes, you will be so incredibly proud of all that dedication and determination. Great job Carole....just as others have said, you are a role model for others! :)

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home