Thursday, September 08, 2005

Weekly Stats are in!

This past week, I have added Peanut Butter back into my diet, as I was dropping weight slightly too fast and needed energy for my workouts. I’m now having one “heaping” teaspoon of peanut butter approximately 30 minutes before my workout, and what a difference it is doing! I’m very happy that I’m eating PB again! (Natural Unmixed Peanut Butter of course, low in sugar!)

Also, I will be mainly working out from home (due to the spike in gas cost!). I cannot afford traveling back and forth to the gym, which is a good 20 minutes out of my way (total of 40 minutes travel time spent in the road just to go to the gym). I was putting over 100 miles on my car each day, I cannot afford it; therefore I have to adapt and focus on getting most of my workouts from home, for the exception of “Leg Day”, which is way too complicated and intense to do from home *lol*. I will need to invest in some free weights dumbbells, as I only have but a few sets (5 lbs, 8 lbs, and 15 lbs). I also have a stationary bike (for cardio) and a cross-bow machine (with I can do my cable work on).

I will also be ordering my suits this weekend, a little earlier then anticipated. This is due to high volume of suit orders that Lidia is anticipating within the next month or two. I was hoping that I was going to get closer to my pre-contest weight but she reassured me that my suit will fit me nicely. There was a slight change of plans in my suit selection – but my choices have been made (in color and suits), I will not change my mind anymore! DONE! *lol*

Ok --- now for the promised stats!

Comparing Challenge #1, Week #0 (January 31, 2005) to Challenge #2, Week #7 (September 8, 2005), Carole started with a lean bodyweight of 96.0 lbs and 46.0 lbs of bodyfat. If Carole’s measurements are accurate, she currently has a lean bodyweight of 107.1 lbs and 20.4 lbs of bodyfat. This is a change of + 11.1 lbs of muscle and - 25.6 lbs of bodyfat if the measurements are correct. These figures are only as good as the accuracy of the weight and bodyfat measurements taken.

7-25-05:
Weight: 139.5 lbs
Waist: 28”
Hips: 35”
BF%: 22.3%
Muscle Mass: 108.39 lbs
Body Fat: 31.1 lbs

8-25-05:
Weight: 130 lbs
Waist: 26.5”
Hips: 33”
BF%: 17.4%
Muscle Mass: 107.38 lbs
Body Fat: 22.62 lbs
Fat Lost: - 8.5 lbs
Muscle Mass: - 1.01 lbs

9-8-05:
Weight: 127.5 lbs
Waist: 26”
Hips: 32.5”
BF%: 16.0%
Muscle Mass: 107.1 lbs
Body Fat: 20.4 lbs
Fat Lost: - 10.7 lbs
Muscle Mass Lost: - 1.29 lbs



Body-for-Life Approved Recipe!
I haven't tried this one yet but I promise I will once I get done with my contests!

Spicy Chicken Pasta
Ingredients:
• 1 lb skinless chicken breasts, cut in strips
• 1/2 cup finely diced celery
• 1/4 cup finely diced onion
• 1 1/2 tsp garlic seasoning
• 8-oz can no-salt-added tomato sauce
• 1 medium can diced tomatoes
• 1/2 package whole wheat pasta (Barilla Plus Pasta would work great!)
• 1/4 cup jalapenos
• 3 slices fat-free or low-fat cheese (optional)
Instructions: Fill a large pot halfway with water and add the first 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Allow chicken to cook fully and vegetables to soften. When chicken is cooked, remove and cut into smaller pieces, then place back in the pot. Stir in the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Lower to medium heat and simmer. Meanwhile, prepare pasta separately according to package directions. When sauce thickens slightly, stir in jalapenos and cooked pasta. For a creamy taste, stir in the cheese slices and allow them to melt. Serve piping hot.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carole Ingram said...

I won't post pictures for a while, not until I see more dramatic transformation. There's only a little bit of difference from two weeks ago, not enough to really say "WOW" *lol* it's progressing slowly and that's a good thing cause I don't want to drop too fast either.

I'll need to measure my hips again tomorrow morning..I might have been a little in "lah lah" land this morning (I was tired *lol*).

The colors I picked were Red Glitter Slinky for my 2 pc suit and Midnight Blue for my 1 pc suit. She said that she should be sending them out to me on October 4th, which is a couple of weeks before my first show! They are now ordered, so it's OFFICIAL ! I'm DOING IT!!! WOW, it's almost unreal!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Stef said...

I read that little blip about the red suits too! Glad you chose Red!! You will knock 'em dead in RED! Carole~ YOU ROCK!!!!!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

oooooooooh...I agree about the red, and I saw that in the oxygen mag too...I am getting so excited for you Carole...yipeeeeeeeee...also, thank you for posting a recipe I don't have to fight and feel guilty about...haha...feel free to whip it on up, and send it over...roflmao

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home