Wednesday, October 12, 2005

10 days count down!

Only 10 days to go till my first show AND I’ve got a cold/sinus infection! *lol* I’m just going to have to take it one day at a time, I can’t stress about this since I’ve been stressing enough. I want this to be an enjoyable experience, and I will make it so!

I skipped my cardio this morning since I was tossing and turning all night yesterday; I was hot and was running a low grade fever. I even woke myself up a couple of times snoring (never done that before! HA!), I was having a little bit of a breathing problem. So, I opted for the extra sleep and if weather permitting, I’ll just go for a walk during lunch time and do my cardio tonight. I’ll make it a HIIT session, if my body allows me too!

I’m maintaining my weight at about 124.5 lbs, I haven’t really dropped on the scale for the past two weeks, but that’s what we want. I’m physically “ready” for the show, just a few adjustments needed and we are good to go. You only get that contest “look” the day of the show; I’ll have a different look next weekend v.s. this weekend! *lol*

I’m also very excited about meeting Stef this weekend, I’m definitely looking forward to having a kick butt workout, I haven’t had a workout partner in a long time!! I’ll have to ask her what she would like to workout…legs or back?? Want to follow my workout routine?

Anyway, I need to make this short since I’m blogging from work. :-)

Wish you all a great day!


Let’s talk about food! (pulled from the Reader's Digest "Foods that Harm Foods that Heal, An A-Z Guide to save and healthy eating). Great Book! Highly suggested!

Beneficial Oils (Omega-3 fatty acids & GLA {gamma linolenic}) Omega-3 fatty acids can be found in salmon, halibut and other cold-water fish. GLA can be taken in capsule form or in primrose, borage, black currant and hemp seeds.

Asparagus: A good low-calorie source of folate and vitamins A and C. High in fiber.

Avocados: A rich source of folate, Vitamin A, and potassium. Useful amounts of protein, iron, magnesium, Vitamin C,E, and B6. Drawbacks: very high in calories, 85% coming from fat!

Beets: a good source of folate and vitamin C. The greens are a rich source of potassium, calcium, iron, beta carotene, and Vitamin C.

Blackberries: Low in calories and high in fiber. A good source of Vitamin C and bioflavonoids, also contain folate, Vitamin E, iron, and calcium. Contain anticancer chemicals.

Blueberries: A good source of dietary fiber. Provide some Vitamin C and iron. May protect against some intestinal upsets. May help prevent some urinary tract infections.

Broccoli: An excellent source of Vitamin C. A good source of vitamin A and folate. Significant amounts of protein, calcium, iron, and other minerals. Rich in bioflavonoids and other plan chemicals that protect against cancer, and may be helpful in lupus. Low in calories and high in fiber.

Brussels Sprouts: An excellent source of vitamin C. A good source of protein, folate, vitamin A, iron and potassium. Contain bioflavonoids and other substances that protect against cancer.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

I cannot believe it is only 10 days away...WOW...I am gettin so excited for you Carole...you set your goal, you worked your butt off, and now you are ready...way to go!! I am so proud of you!

4:21 PM  
Blogger Stef said...

OK...I might just be asking for major trouble with those quads of yours, but if you are up to it, lets do legs. If ya wanna skip legs and do back...thats ok too. I'll do whatever!!!

Can't wait to "see" you in person!

Stef :-)

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home