Tuesday, September 27, 2005

25 days count down!

Only 25 more days till my first Figure Show…talk about time flying by! I have to stay strict on my diet, which means, no more “cheats” (although last weekend was TOTALLY approved, emphasized, and authorized!). After having that Black Tie Mousse Cake, I have been craving sweets like you wouldn’t believe, it’s subsiding day by day and I’m not giving in…my savior is Hazelnut Coffee with only 1 tsp of low fat powdered creamer (which is only worth 10 calories). I really can’t give up the powdered creamer, black coffee is AWFUL! If I have to do 2 extra minutes of cardio so I can have a coffee, so be it! *lol*

Ever sine I started my pre-contest diet, I have been measuring every morsel of food that I eat and let me tell you, it’s been a tidiest task but a necessary one! I cannot emphasize how important it is to weigh and measure everything while prepping for an upcoming competition; “eying” is definitely no-no. Portion control is so critical, you could easily eat more then you actually need, etc. If I’m really starving, I always eat more green veggies, never more protein and/or carbs. Sometimes, I feel a little bit of a rabbit, perhaps I should dress like one for Halloween! *LOL* Eating is strictly fuel for your body while prepping for a show; you learn to eat at around your workouts to ensure you have plenty of energy to make it through. However, it doesn’t mean that you cannot enjoy what you eat…you find ways of making your food less bland and be “taste” bud friendly. Tabasco/hot sauce, cinnamon, artificial sweetener and/or Stevia (all-natural sweetener), nutmeg, vanilla essence, etc. Also, low GI fruits is very much authorized in moderation! In general, Hi GI Foods are unauthorized and most of them aren’t good for you anyway (for the exception of bananas, etc, but in moderation), they make your blood sugar peak way up and down fast…ever noticed how tired you are after eating a full plate of pasta?!? I fell like a lump after my cheat meal on Friday night *LOL* - very sleepy and tired.

Anyway, a lot of you have been asking about my top choices in supplements, and I will provide you with my list in the coming days. There are so many great products out there, it’s hard to narrow down, but perhaps I can come up with a “Carole’s Top Ten Choices” soon!

P.s. No pictures until the shows!!! :-) Surprise Surprise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home