Monday, October 31, 2005

I'm back at it!

Yesterday, I started exercising and eating somewhat clean again. My legs are sore today, and it feels GREAT! I was itching to start working out last week but I forced myself to not give in and give my body some time to rest and recuperate from the hard training that I’ve been doing the past 13 weeks.

Here’s a sneak preview of what I ate yesterday, approximately 2100 calories, 47% protein, 36% carbs, 17% fats.

Meal 1: 1 c. Go Lean Cereal, 1 scoop whey protein, 1 T. Natural Peanut Butter (unmixed), 1/2 cup of soy milk.

Meal 2: 1 scoop whey protein, 5 strawberries, 1/4 cup oatmeal.

Meal 3: Turkey Meatball Sandwich (Nature's Own Healthline Bun, 80 calories), Coleslaw (Eating-for-Life), 1/2 c. Brussels sprouts

Meal 4: 3/4 c. cottage cheese, 1 tbsp FF/SG Butterscotch Pudding.

Meal 5: Chicken Parmesan, 1 serving Barilla Plus Pasta (Eating-for-Life recipe)

Meal 6: High Protein Cookies (bef. workout), recipe posted in yesterday’s blog.

Meal 7: 1/4 cup Fat Free Cottage Cheese, 5 egg whites, 1 T. Miracle Whip, 1 tsp Ms. Dash Southwest Chipotle Seasoning. (after workout)

As for my leg workout (I workout from home now)

Leg Extension: 4 sets of 15
Leg Curl (one-leg at a time): 3 sets of 15
Squats: 3 sets of 25
Single-Leg Leg Press: 3 sets of 25
Plie Squats: 2 sets of 15
Kickbacks: 3 sets of 20
Abs Decline Crunch, 3 sets of 15 to 20
Abs Reverse Crunch, 3 sets of 15
Calf raises, 3 set of 25

I could have done more but I didn’t want to overdo it after one week off, kind glad I didn’t cause, I am sore today! I’m not training with heavy weights as of yet, I don’t have the equipment to do so. I’ve only got my crossbow machine and a few dumbbells sets (5 lbs, 10 lbs, 15 lbs, and 40 lbs).

Working out from home takes some serious discipline for me, I’m always tempted to do other house chores…Sometimes, I do house chores in between my sets *lol*…I empty the dishwasher a little and do one set…empty it some more, do one more set..etc. It doesn’t always work out that way though. I sometimes superset my workouts especially when doing two muscle groups at a time, I may do a set of pushups and immediately after do dips.

I haven’t really focused on setting myself new goals as of yet, and this is a must! My present goal is to set myself goals *LOL* HA!

Well, got to keep this short so that I can get back to work (lunch hour is done and over with).

1 Comments:

Blogger Stef said...

You are one of the most disciplined people I know! I admire that so much!

Stef :-)

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home