Sunday, October 23, 2005

The Results! 4th Place - Figure A Division




What an incredible experience! I had a blast! I got 4th place in the Figure A division....but I was also last. There was only four of us and I had strong competition! I was a bit surprised as this is a small local show that started just a few years ago, but they had TWICE the amounts of competitors compared to last year! I'm still in awe with all the beautiful/fit bodies I have seen tonight, both in men and women!!!

Am I dissapointed about placing dead last in my class? Of course, but would I do it all over again? I say this with a big HELL YEAH!!! Are you kidding!!!! I've done what most people never do in their lifetime! I will never look back and say " I should have..." but instead, I can look back and say "WOW! I did 12 weeks of strict dieting and I looked great!" I still got a trophee in my hands! HA! I also purchased some pictures that they took immediately after getting off stage with our 1 pc. and 2 pc suit.

Some of you probably are a bit shocked that I placed 4th...but let me tell you, I was also the "new kid" in the block. A few of the girls travels from different states to get to this show. The logic behind it (this is my opinion) since this is a fairly small show, they see it as a great opportunity to compete at a level that they can win first place. Many of them have competed in several shows, both small and big. Also, about 90% of them have implants, I was the less gifted of all of them (and this includes bodybuilding ladies!).

Ok...here's my honest and brutal opinion, this is me assessing myself ....my poses were NOT great. I was so darn nervous that I had a hard time remembing to smile, pose correctly, etc...I honestly think it would take me several competitions to really get at ease and comfortable on stage. I didn't practice my poses as much as I should have...I did have a few setbacks that didn't help my situation either, I struggled the past several weeks with a few personal challenges and road bumps (not trying to put blame on those, but they surely didn't help me). Also, I probably needed to get leaner (oh yeah baby, I'm one of those "lucky" ones that has to get real lean to get the right look, when the person next to me may only be at 14% BF and look fabelous...ohhh that's great, more work for me but I'M MOTIVATED!!!). Also, since I'm soooooooo flat chested, if this was to become a sport of choice for me, I would need to do many shows, be at the right place at the right time, with judges that don't really care about implants and don't let implants influence their decision, at the local level, implants are very "influencial" (sorry, it's just a fact!).

So, with this being said, I may have placed last but I was the proundest of them all! I look back when I started training, January 31st, at 32% BF and now today, October 23rd at 13% BF. WOW! That's something to be pround of!

Once again, THANK YOU to all of my Body-for-Life friends and supporters that have helped me make another dream come true!!!!

What's next for Carole? Hmmmm I've got some ideas that I'm brewing in my head. Figure Competitions is definitely something that I'm going to do again! I don't know when, but I'll do more!

So now, 1:20 am, I'm sitting at my computer desk, finishing up some Domino's Garlic Breadsticks, stuffing my face, looking at my trophee with a big huge smile, wanting to yell on the top of my lungs, " I DID IT! I DID IT! I DID IT!!!"

12 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

Congratulations. I have been waiting to hear the results. You definitely did NOT disappoint. Now you can gain some of your energy back, eat some good food, and spend time with the family. Take care.

2:01 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

Okay, now I can finally go to sleep...Carole, you are such an incredible human being...I am sooooo very proud of you girlfriend...You know I am a member of Team Ingram for life, so bring on the next one girl, I'll be here to support you...way to go Carole...I so wish I could give you a great big high five, and a big hug...yahoooooooooooooo Carole...

3:19 AM  
Blogger Stef said...

OMG Carole~ I am soooo damn proud of you its incredible! You have done what most of us only dream about doing. You have used your focus, drive, and determination to set a goal.....A VERY BIG GOAL, and reach it! WOW!!! Placement in this contest makes no difference. The experience you gained makes it more than worth it! and YOU ARE A WINNER TO ME!

Stef :-)

6:59 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Wooohooo! I'm so happy for you and so proud of what you've accomplished! I was thinking about you all day and sending you positive "vibes" as were many of your tracker friends! I'm with Christie - a Team Carole supporter for life so DREAM BIG! Congratulations for completing your goals and making so many people proud - you're simply AWESOME!

Rachel

8:41 AM  
Blogger Carole Ingram said...

Good morning Ladies!!! I'm SOOOOOOO excited and HAPPY! Today, I'm in a GREAT mood. I've had a great cheat last night (Domino's Cheese Bread w/Chicken Poppers, with several pieces of small Hersey chocolate pieces and lots of water!).

Today, is my first Free Day in a LONG time, I started it off with "Fortified French Toast" w/ 1 tbsp of Natural unmixed peanut butter with 1/4 cup sugar free syrup and 1/2 of a medium sized banana...not to forget a nice cup of coffee with a full tsbp of creamer! HAHA! I had never tried the Fortified French Toast recipe (Eating-for-Life) before, they are DELICIOUS! This is going to be a great addition to my new bulking diet! I'll be bulking back up slowly. My goal is to gain muscle mass without too much bodyfat, I'd like to have a bodyfat level of about 18%...this should be at a healthy level for me.

Now that I have reflected back overnight and this morning, I have made the decision that I will DEFINITELY be competing again, but it will be a year or two from now. I need to do some serious hardcore training to add several pounds of muscle mass and tighten up where needed. Also, we will possibly start trying to a second little baby, so I will be a "Buff Mom"...very possible that you will see me on stage 3 to 4 months after delivering, breastfeeding and competing at the same time HAHAHAHA! Oh yes, it can be done! My trainer will probably be competing in Master's a couple of years from now, it would be cool if we could plan on competing at the same time, whatever he does, I do! See what kind of results we both get, be very motivational to know someone's is dieting/training as hard as I am!

I don't want to put my family life on hold but I don't want to wait too long for a second child and delay my competition lifestyle either. I'm sure I can still train fairly intensively, even while pregnant! My next competition could be at the age of 27 or 28.

Ladies, let me tell you, there is NO AGE boundaries when it comes to figure competition! Yesterday, there was a 42 year old lady that looked as tight if not better then some of us younger girls behind stage! She won her division and she was so happy! This was her last show for the year and I'm really not sure if she mentioned if she was actually retiring from it.

Anyway, I had LOT's of FUN!!!!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Awesome Job Carole you did it!!! I got goosebumps reading your post. That trophy surely looks awesome. I want one...LOL. And oooh yes breadstick from Dominos great choose. You deserve em!!! You are such an inspiration to all. Best of luck with your next endevure.

11:06 AM  
Blogger KC said...

Carole - That is great news...Congratulations! What is also impressive is your healthy attitude towards, well, everything! You are logically able to determine what you need to work on, without putting yourself down. And I'm glad you recoginze your accomplishment of competing in and of itself! That would scare me sh&&less, not to mention the amount of determination and strength it would take to train for it. I really admire you!

I am so happy for you. You're very first competition...just imagine how far you will go now!! Enjoy your free day! :)

2:15 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

We are all very proud of you. I wish we could have been there to cheer you on. Wow, 42 year old. There's still hope for me. :)

Great job.

Lori

3:48 PM  
Blogger Colorado Kid said...

We are all so proud of you! Your progress and dedication is truly inspiring.....

Casey

PS> Lori and I will be waiting for our signed photos!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Wolfie said...

Carole, Bobby and I are SO happy for you! What you have done over the last several months is just amazing!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Alex Trenoweth said...

Congrats Carole. You look beautiful!!

7:08 AM  
Blogger K. Marie said...

Congratulations, chica! So what if you were "last"? Think of ALL the women who didn't even try? Your attitude is awesome -- you did it, you accomplished something fantastic!

I'm looking forward to further adventures from Carole.

((big hugs))

K

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home