Friday, October 21, 2005

Last Post until After The Show!!

Less then 24 hours away from stepping on stage and I’m getting really nervous. I’m counting the hours till the “big moment”. Even though this is a small local competition, it still nerve racking. Today is going to be a real “mental” game. I’ve stopped drinking water today at noon; I will only sip on about 8 oz of water for the remaining of the day and another 8 oz tomorrow. I’m only 2 hours into it and I’m already wanting a nice tall glass of cold water :-)…ironic how you can get so fed up with drinking your 1 gallon a day, but take that forbidden and you want it even more! It’s very much “mental”.

After I have completed this competition, I will be taking a week off of training…no weight training and no cardio…I’ll be spending lots of good quality time with my family. Enjoy the art of cooking healthy meals each night (many from the Eating-for-Life book, if you haven’t purchased this book yet, I HIGHLY recommend it – I already got dozens of recipes picked out).

Another mental challenge that I’m facing and that is to “get out” of my pre-contest diet mode. Everything that I will start eating again will feel like a “cheat” to me, when in fact, it’s really not…such things are: cottage cheese, low-fat cheeses, whole-wheat bread/pasta, low-fat milk, high-fiber cereal (kashi), barley, beans, natural peanut butter, occasional protein bar, shrimp, lean ham, baked potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, mushrooms, brussel sprouts, etc. Eating these foods weren’t necessarily forbidden during my pre-contest diet, they were simply not part of my eating plan :-). There may have been a reason why I was only eating this and that, but to know all the reasons why and the logic behind it, I do not necessarily know all of it…I’m just one of those people that if you give me a particular program to follow such as Body-for-Life, I will follow it to a “T” and not try to make any adjustments unless told so or required. Although I was eating the same foods, week after week, the foods that I were eating were very nutritious and good!

Here are some interesting facts about my diet:

- Eggs eaten in 13 weeks: over 600! Over 500 yolks discarded!
- Chicken Breast eaten in 13 weeks: 30 lbs!
- Weekly cost (including supplements): approximately $70.00 (not too bad for eating 6 times a day! Lots of people here at work spend that much on eating out just for lunch!)
- Cinnamon & Nutmeg are a blessing, a pleasure to your taste buds, they smell good too!
- I have learned to enjoy tomatoes and onions (two food items that I totally disliked before) I don’t think there are any fruits or vegetables that I would dislike, I like them all!
- Don’t eat everything fat free, you’ll starve! An egg yolk, natural peanut butter, olive oil/vinegar dressing, etc are all allowed in a good diet plan, you don’t have to cut all fats out! They are necessary for your body to function properly!
- Eating one tablespoon of Natural Peanut Butter half hour before an intense workout will give you the necessary energy to make it through! A good post-workout meals before an intense workout is a MUST in my book!
- This might be TMI for some people…but I haven’t had a “monthly visit” since the end of July!
- You will lose strength as you get leaner, this is normal! Don’t panic, just keep working at with the same amount of intensity and you’ll be fine!
- Lifting heavy will NOT make you look like Arnold!!! So, with this being said, if you want to workout like a power lifter, GO AHEAD LADIES!! (of course, don’t get yourself hurt!) Unless you have some type of hormonal problem or taking a form of steroids, you will NOT become and look like Arnold… but what you will become is lean, strong and SEXY!

6 Comments:

Blogger K. Marie said...

Thanks for all those tidbits, Carole -- fascinating stuff.

Good luck!!!!!

Karenna

p.s., if you enable word verification you won't get spam messages. ;-)

7:00 PM  
Blogger Stef said...

Carole~ You are my biggest inspiration.....(ok....LINNE's is there too) I am totally in AWE of what you have accomplished! You have proven yourself to be among the ELITE of the ELITE!!!!! You are gonna ROCK THE HOUSE with your STUNNING body!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!! KICK ASS AND TAKE NAMES at that competition!!!!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Wolfie said...

Much luck to you Carole! We're all rooting for you! You've worked really hard, now's the time to strut your stuff!

Jennifer (DreamCatcher)

10:01 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

So stoked about tomorrow, I'm with Tracy...I hope you post ASAP after the competition...you are gonna rock that joint!

11:58 PM  
Blogger Steven said...

You have amazing dedication and will-power. Way to be! Good luck with the competition, and enjoy your week after.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

Sheesh, I am soooooo excited...bet you are on stage right now...go carole, go carole, go carole...

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home