Wednesday, October 19, 2005

3 Days Remaining!

Before I start talking about my upcoming figure competition. I wanted to mention a few things first.

Me and Stef meet last Sunday at Gold’s Gym for an awesome leg workout! She’s very sweet and a caring person! I sure hope we will get to meet again! We talked about BFL and a little about my upcoming competition. Stef has been a great supporter throughout my journey and I truly have enjoyed getting periodic motivational cards from her! She’s unquestionably a BFL Champion and a GREAT friend! Thank you Stef for taking the time to drive 2 hours out of your way to meet me. I had a blast and I hope you did too.

I also talked with my father this past Friday and he doesn’t have cancer! However, he does have a tumor (non-cancerous) and he will soon get it removed. He will have a very similar surgery to those getting a gastric by-pass surgery (for obesity). We still do not know when this will take place but I’m guessing it will be very soon. I’m putting my second competition on hold for now and hope that I will be able to go visit him in CT before his surgery. I haven’t seen my father for 3 years, and I would like for him to see my daughter.

Figure Competition Update
I have started to watch my sodium intake…I have also purchased a Nail Kit for my nails and toe nails, I’m not going to get them manicured, way too expensive (I’m on a budget! *lol* I do what I can with what I got, I’m been tremendously blessed thus far!). Also, tonight, I’m will start applying my self-tanner tonight, hopefully get two coats in (need to be 3 hours apart), I will need to apply 3 or 4 coats of that within the next two days and can’t forget the Pro Tan on Friday! I have also ordered more crystal rhinestones to put on my suits but I doubt they will arrive on time. I have approximately 50 crystal rhinestones remaining and those will be applied tonight. I will also continue practicing my poses as I am having extreme difficulty mastering them, they are very awkward to me since I unfortunately have the tendency of lifting my right shoulder up and it just doesn’t look right…mastering poses are so critical and hard…I truly believe that it would take several competitions to master great posing! That is my personal opinion and experience. Although I would love to place relatively well, stepping on stage will be a reward in itself…it may be just the beginning to many more competitions.

Although I have said many times over and over again that I was to do “two” figure competitions back to back…at this moment, I’m unsure if the second one will take place. This is NOT due to “lack of motivation” as I have plenty of it but more due to personal family related issues that I must focus on. As I have stressed in the past before in one of my blogs, competing doesn’t only pertains to you but everyone around you, with this being said, you must keep a good balance. It’s very difficult for some people to understand the amount of dedication it takes to stick with strict diet and workout regimens, to some, it’s unimaginable (and perhaps a little “out there”)…So, with this being said, I’m going to give time to a few of my family members to adjust to my new found lifestyle and make it an enjoyable experience for them as well.

7 Comments:

Blogger Marijayde said...

Girl, we are so proud of you!!! I can hardly believe we are so close, you are putting on the self tanner!!! OMG, this is so exciting.

You will do great! And I think it is very comendable of you to put that 2nd show off to have some family time. You totally get the balancing act!!!

Try to get some sleep and just know that we are all behind you rooting you on!!!

3:51 PM  
Blogger Stef said...

C~ I truly enjoyed meeting you too!

As far as the 2nd competition goes, I think you are making the right decision to put your family and you father first. You can always do another show at some other point. Your family is MOST important!

Can't wait to hear how things turn out and looking forward to seeing your final pix!

Keep truckin girl...you are almost there!!!!!!

Your friend and supporter,
Stef :-)

7:02 PM  
Blogger Stef said...

BTW....my legs still hurt! LOL!!!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

I know it seems silly for all of us to be so excited for you, and proud of you, but dang girl, you are representing everything we dream of girl, success, and determination!! You Rock, and no matter what you place on Saturday, you are #1 in my book!

8:46 PM  
Blogger Wolfie said...

Carole,

I just wanted to express how much you lifted my motivation and spirit with that first pm you sent me! I was in awe! Now, seeing how much you have done in just the last 12 weeks or so, it's just like.."damn girl!" You are such a tremendous inspiration! I wish you the very best this weekend, and am getting excited for you! I think it's great that you and Stef finally got to meet. You GO girl! Knock em off their seats!

11:50 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

My legs hurt just after reading that.

Best of luck. I am SURE you will do GREAT!!!

Lori

12:42 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Here is a tip for your smile (if you don't know already)...put Vaseline on your teeth so that your lips don't stick to them. This is especially important since you will be depleting your fluids. Make eye contact with the judges and SMILE!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home