Friday, October 28, 2005

What an Awesome Week!

What an incredible week am I having, the time off has truly been deserved. In less then a couple of days, it will be time for me to get serious again. This weekend, I will reflect on the past, the present and future. So many choices to do, so many goals to accomplish and so many friends to catch up with.

Also, to all of my friends that have supported me for my 1st Figure Competition, I haven’t forgotten about you! I will rescan my pictures (they came out dotty looking) and will be sending your 8”x10”soon…just be patient with me since I’ve got a lot on my plate right now. Make sure you hold on to that picture as a memento as you are all Master’s of “practicing the law of reciprocation!” You have invested in me, and some day, I’ll reward all of you with getting my Pro Card!! Ain’t that the ultimate goal of competing, to become a Pro!? I will compete again, no doubt! I’m guessing probably in 2 ½ years from now, my daughter wants a buddy to play with (hint!)! HA! It’s getting that ‘first experience’ that is really stressful and hard, but once you do it, it doesn’t seem so bad. My next challenge ahead is to fix my problem areas… my legs seem to be my strongest features, but I have some serious work to do on other areas. According to the judges (had a good friend talked to some of the judges for me), my poses were right on tract, it’s definitely not the poses that got me bottom last…it’s my symmetry! I have kick butt quads, but I need to work on my back v-shape to balance everything out, and need more muscles in my glutes (lightly put, I need more ASS! So, I envy those that have J-Lo butts!)

Also, THANK YOU FOR THE CARDS!!!!!!!! I was so surprised, humbled and emotional that day! You know, you guys surely know how to make me feel like a million bucks!

Ok…so, now that I’ve completed and accomplished many of my lifetime goals, which were to complete a 12-week BFL Challenge, to compete in a Figure Competition…what else can Carole do? I’m brewing some ideas but they are not what I would call “fitness” related goals. I need for you all to give me ideas of what I could do next, to help me stay motivated? HELP! *lol* I thought about doing a 5K run, but this may not be the best idea for the next several months (Ok, if you didn’t get the hint a while ago, you won’t know why I’m saying this!). I’m working on a “book” project that will probably take me a couple of months to complete, this book is related to Fitness/Nutrition in general. I also have another “big” idea/project in mind, that will require lots of thinking and time…this idea could be a hit or a flop so, I’m not sure if it’s worth exploring or not.

Another subject that I’d like to talk about and that’s 2005 Body-for-Life Champions…how many of you wished that they had more prizes to be offered, instead of “1” Grand Master Champion that wins $1 million dollars? Don’t you think that the other 14 Champions would deserve more then $5,000 worth of products? I know they probably get other gifts/incentives but, what happen to $25,000 to each Champion and one $100,00 to each Female/Male Grand Champion? Also, don’t you think that the contest should be “National” v.s. “International”? In my opinion, each country should have their own contest, that’s always been my thought since they started this new format. Interesting to think about!

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Congratulations again on your many accomplishments. So glad you’re enjoying your week of rest – although it sounds like you’ve been busy coming up with many ideas. Good wishes to you on the newest project of getting your daughter a playmate. ;-)

I do like the old format of the BFL contest better, but I guess they wanted to do something BIG for the 10th anniversary. I’ve heard conflicting information about what they’ll be doing for 2006 – hopefully back to the age group champions and male/female grand master champions.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Stef said...

I too am disappointed in how this years contest prize was set up.... I was hoping for categories as well. Figures, the year I decide to do it, they only have one winner. I asked someone at EAS how next year's contest will be set up and he said he thought it would have categories like before. I asked about a "couples" category and he was unsure. I think Russ and I would try for a couples challenge. We shall see.

I think you could definitely have a book project, Carole. You would be good at that. I definitely got the HINT, but what are the other projects/ideas you have brewing. Maybe we could help you with brainstorming.

As far as the meet up in Cincy, we are waiting on Jess to find out her time off. Until then, things are up in the air. If you come back to see Josh's family, please let me know.....this time we will do a workout then LUNCH OR SHOPPING!

BTW....good to talk to you the other day!!!

Stef :-)

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! I also think there should be prizes also for the finalists. They are already winners, but they NEED a lot of something for all their hard work and amazing stories!

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home