Thursday, February 02, 2006

Tired, Cranky and Feel Out of Touch.

Ok, I haven’t blogged in almost a month and part of it is because I feel like I have nothing to say or share with anyone…I can’t relate to anyone since I’m not following BFL, exercising or even eating right… I still feel tired but my energy level seems to be picking up. Perhaps I’ll be able to talk more about fitness and proper nutrition soon!

So far, I’m approximately 10 weeks pregnant and already gained 5 lbs. Why? Well, I eat every 2 ½ hours to keep the nausea at bay and it’s mainly carbs….oh did I mention I sleep a lot?! Sometimes I wonder if I’m having twins! Jzzzzzzz. Anyway, hopefully I’ll be able to regain control of myself…I just need a good kick in the ass! Estimated Due Date: September 6th.

I do have to mention about my father. He’s currently in this third week of chemo and radiation therapy. The doctor told him that he’s got about 80% chance of coming out of this… My father battled ulcers since the age of 20… the bacteria that caused him his ulcers also caused him his cancer. Approximately 3 years ago, my father started feeling worse and worse but still wouldn’t get checked, it took a “hernia” to send him to the hospital and that’s when they found his cancer. He seems to think that he had it for quite sometime (probably over 3 years)….he had it so bad that it went to his Lymph Nodes, which causes the cancer to be even more difficult to treat. Once the Lymph Nodes are affected, your cancer can spread anywhere in your body. On my father’s side of the family, thus far, Cancer is the ONLY killer….no one has yet to die from any other condition. Scary to think about! I’m actually going to visit him by the end of the month.

For those of you that are going to the Arnold Classic, Have Lots of FUN! Perhaps I’ll have better luck next year…….

12 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

Carole, you silly girl, we don't only care about you in regards to fitness you know...change your blog title girl, make it A Womans Journey...I will keep your dad in my prayers, and of course you and the baby as well...
Hugs
Chrsitie

1:44 PM  
Blogger KC said...

I know how you feel. I haven't posted on my blog quite as much either b/c for the same reasons. We still do want to hear from you though!

Sorry to hear about your dad. I hope it all goes well.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Marijayde said...

I remember not being able to get out of bed when I was prego with the second one - I finally got some iron pills and they helped tremendously, try that and see if it helps a bit :>

Sorry about your dad, I will keep him and you in my prayers as well.

Take care!

12:21 PM  
Blogger Mari said...

I had to eat to keep away the nausea. It should pass soon. Don't be hard on yourself. You just never know how your body is going to act when pregnant.

Glad you are still around. You father is in my thoughts.
Mari(pixy)

3:00 PM  
Blogger Stef said...

Carole~ We have missed you!!! I hope you are feeling better soon and your energy level picks up. Just blog about your life...it doesn't have to be about fitness.

Stef :-)

10:29 PM  
Blogger Brandi said...

Hey, girl! Good to see you're alive and kicking! Pleeeeze update your blog more, even if it's not about fitness! I agree with Christie! We just want to know what you're up to. :)

I will keep both you and your father in my prayers.

Hugs,
Brandi

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It'd be great if you could do a post on exercises that you can/cannot do during pregnancy.Congratulations!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Just a lonely girl said...

Oh Carole! It sounds like you've had one heck of a start to your pregnancy! I was sick morning, noon and night for my daughter...right up until the day I had her so even though I pretty much only ate potatoes, bananas, more potatoes, more potatoes and bananas (honestly, I cried one morning because there were no bananas in the house!), I only gained 2 pounds at the end of it all. Of course, I was 18, still had lots of baby fat and was working with a bunch of abused children as a counsellor so maybe that had something to do with it! :-D I agree with the girls...enjoy your pregnancy. We like reading about you...not necessarily exclusively fitness-related stuff.

As for your father's health...80% is a pretty great number!! That's a very positive thing to focus on and the great thing is that even though it took him a while to go check out what was wrong, they know now and are working to make it better. Just keep him in your prayers and be there for him.

I hope your morning sickness fades and your dad gets much better quickly!

Connie

12:35 PM  
Blogger Tracey said...

Hey Carole - I have nothing to offer in the upbeat mode. I was one of those that did not "glow" pregnant, was lucky with very little nausea but the tiredness was non-stop - 9 months of it, both pregnancies. Nope, didn't know how to overcome it. I never did one lick of exercise; who knows, maybe that was half the problem.

With hormones raging, other things & thoughts going on, your dad being this ill has got to be taking its toll. As you know I just lost my mom to this dreaded disease. Know all about the chemo, radiation and the aftermath of it - I desparately hope all the best for you. I barely rarely EVER pray (except for selfish reasons) but I will for you. Keep blogging as best you can; we're here for you if you want.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hi Carole,

Hope you're feeling better and I hope your visit with your dad was enjoyable.

Just wanted to say hello and ask how the cookbook is coming along...? =)

xoxo, Rachel

5:41 PM  
Blogger K. Marie said...

Hope you're hanging in there, sweetie and will get a chance soon to drop in and say 'hi!'

7:51 PM  
Blogger Just a lonely girl said...

Hey Girl! Just checking up on you to see how things are going. Hope all is well...

Connie

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home