Friday, August 25, 2006

Welcome Katherine Elizabeth Ingram



Just wanted to announce the birth of my daughter, Katherine.

Born: August 20th, 2006
Time: 10:35 pm
Weight and Heigh: 7 lbs 12 oz , 21"

I started having contractions around 4:30 pm Sunday afternoon, after several hours of shopping and walking around. My contractions were approximately 12 minutes apart, at around 6:30 pm, they were anywhere between 5 to 8 minutes apart, I then decided to take a warm bath to help me relax and prepare for the birth. By 7:30 pm, they were 3 to 5 minutes apart. I then prompted my husband to start getting ready to head out to the hospital as they were getting closer quickly. We were on the road by 7:45 pm and by 8:15 pm, my contractions were 2 minutes apart...there was no doubt in my mind that I was now in active labor. We checked in the hospital by 8:45 pm and I was in the delivery room at about 9:10 pm... they then checked me and I was already at 7 cm. The nurse then coaxed me into going without the epidural...I was all for it but then the doctor came in, checked me again and asked me if I wanted the epidural BEFORE proceeding with breaking my water... at that point, I was still coping witht he pain very nicely and said No. Well, I quickly changed my mind when she broke my water... I was already at 8 cm ... Doc ordered the epidural but they barely got to me on time, at this point, they were not suppose to give it to me but she was able to talk him into it! THANK GOD! It didn't take the pain completely away but it certainly took the edge off. The urge to push came quickly after the epidural... I only had to push 10 minutes and she was out!

Thje birth of my first child was 10 1/2 hours long (water broke), this one was only 5 from the time of my first contraction. What is very interesting is that both of them were born on their due date! They say only 5% of women actually give birth on their due date but to do it twice in a row is practically unheard of, I felt like I won the lottery ! *LOL*

18 Comments:

Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

She is absolutely stunning!
Congratulations!!!!
And I love her name; I'm a Katie Elizabeth.

6:21 PM  
Blogger K. Marie said...

She is gorgeous! So happy for you and her name is beautiful.

Thanks for sharing your birth story -- I'm always interested in those details. I was induced when I had Ally but my labor/epidural went very much like you said. My water broke as I was sitting up in bed to have the epidural put in. Because the water broke, they didn't check how dilated I was until after the epidural ... and I was past 8. Glad I got it before they checked!

Congrats again!
Karenna (p.s. -- we found out this week we're having a baby boy, due Jan. 17)

7:43 PM  
Blogger MichelleInFlorida said...

She's an angel! Congratulations!

7:56 PM  
Blogger havlow said...

Congratulations!!

8:01 PM  
Blogger Janel said...

YAY!!! You did it!!! She's beautiful!!!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

`Congrats to you all ! She's a gorgeous little bundle of joy !

9:56 PM  
Blogger Wolfie said...

She's gorgeous Carol! Congratulations! My daughter had those little strawberry birthmarks on her eyelids when she was born too. It looked like she had rose colored eye shadow on! They went away by the time she was a toddler.
She's just so beautiful! How is big sis doing with her? She's probably at an age where she just adores babies!

10:09 PM  
Blogger Stef said...

My daughter is a Katie (Katelyn) Elizabeth....how very cool!!! I have wondered about you all week!!! Glad you are doing well! Can't wait to see more pix of your beautiful daughter!!!!

Congratulations!

10:47 PM  
Blogger Udenia said...

Congratluations sweetie! Oh how cute is she! Again, take your time, and come back swinging!

May you have many happy memories!

Udenia

12:27 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

OMGosh...already???lololol. She is beautiful Carole...Hugs
Christie

12:57 AM  
Blogger Just a lonely girl said...

Congratulations! She's absolutely beautiful!

I hope mom is feeling great and getting some much-needed rest.

HUGS

1:13 PM  
Blogger GET* HER* DONE LINDA said...

Congratulations Carole!
Katherine Elizabeth is Absoluety BEAUTIFUL!!!

Love, and Hugs to Mommey and Baby

Love GET*HER*DONE LINDA

2:49 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Congrats. what a beautiful baby girl!!!

10:23 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Wonderful! Wonderful! Wonderful!

She is gorgeous and I bet everyone is so excited to see her! Now - when is the next competition? :)

Congratulations!

Susan

12:56 PM  
Blogger MeLiSsA said...

CONGRATULATIONS Carole!!!...

4:01 PM  
Blogger Mari said...

I couldn't comment before but herd your news. Hope you are all home getting to know each other and sleeping as much as possible.
Congratulations!!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Alex Trenoweth said...

Congrats! I've been on holiday and just got back to this wonderful news! Beautiful baby!

Love,

Pers

10:16 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful!

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home