Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I got my 45 seconds of fame on the radio!

So this morning, on my way to work, the topic was “Do online dating really work?”…My husband and I meet online back in 1996 when “chatting” was just starting to be known. Well, I picked up the phone and after a dozen attempts of getting through over a half hour timeframe, I finally got through. Well, I got to share my story with the “Triad” for about 45 seconds, it was really cool! A few of my co-workers heard me this morning and they were all excited and giggly about it, they said that I sounded calm and relax, not nervous…and I truly wasn’t nervous.

You know, the “old” Carole wouldn’t have dared picking up the phone and call a radio station and share her story for thousands to hear, I was too darn self-conscience about myself and my self esteem was to the floor… by me picking up that cell phone this morning and sharing my story with everyone listening to the radio this morning, really showed me that I have come a long way!!

I’m proud of myself this morning… a small event but I’m proud!

May be next time, I’ll get my 45 seconds of fame on TV? How about that!

1 Comments:

Blogger Stef said...

You have lots of fame headed your way! This is just the beginning!

BTW...Russ and I met on Match.com about 2.5 years ago. I had to weed thru a lot of "crap" before we met though.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home