Monday, March 20, 2006

Lack of motivation..NO MORE!

I have been reading a few blogs the past couple of days and it seems that some of you are having food and motivational struggles, either to eat right or get into a normal exercise routine. This is what brings me out today to “Write” to you all (and you KNOW I’ve been very quiet lately but I can’t be any more! Need to RE-MOTIVATE you all!)

One quote that comes to mind for my struggling friends "When you say "I will" with conviction, magic begins to happen." When you’ve been “out” of it for a long period of time, getting into an exercise routine can be quite a challenge, but mostly, it’s a mental one. You simply have to “kick” yourself in the rear and get it done! After approximately one month, more then likely, you’ll have a routine established and you’ll actually start enjoying it vs. dreading it!

I, for one, haven’t been the best “example” the past couple of months. Mostly because I have been mentally abusing myself, destroying my self-confidence a little each day and would drown myself into sugary foods. I was actually dreading my pregnancy vs. enjoying it, knowing that looking “big and fat” was inevitable. What the hell was I doing to myself??? Why??? I’m going to have a beautiful little miracle in my hands in less then 23 weeks and I’m worried about getting FAT? What a crooked and weird way of thinking! I should be enjoying every day, every hour, every minute and every second of this pregnancy! The problem is; we always find excuses to make our “actions” justifiable, especially when you know what you are doing is not the best thing or the right decision…hmmmm….well no more excuses for me!! Anybody else exhausted of being “sick and tired” and feeling pitiful for themselves???? I for one certainly am, and I’m DOING (not “going”, but DOING) something about it, started this morning. I’m going to look myself in the mirror each morning, NAKED, with my beautiful round belly and say I FEEL and AM SEXY!

So, I repeat "When you say "I will" with conviction, magic begins to happen." Be positive, optimistic, realistic, and patient and surely, your motivation will come back to you and good things will start happening.

Instead of eating to lose weight, just reprogram your thinking and say “I’m eating right for good health!”

A recipe I want to share with you all:

Breakfast Oatmeal Medley
½ cup of Oatmeal
1 tbsp of Natural Peanut Butter
1 whole egg
3 egg whites
Pinch of cinnamon
1 to 2 tbsp of Splenda (the kind that measures like sugar)

Mix all together in a bowl and cook as you would scrambled eggs. EAT UP!

6 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

I'm new around here and stumbled upon your blog. You're such an inspiration. I loved reading your past posts. I will definitely be trying some of those recipes.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Good post! I'm guilty of eating terrible. And the stupid thing is I do it when I am bored...at work, I'm not even hungry. Just have a craving for something sweet.

Lori

4:22 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

THanks for the great post. Glad to see you around.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Mari said...

Hey good to hear from you. That was a great post. I can't wait to see if you guess right on the baby.
Take care,
Mari

11:29 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Ohhhhhhh, I've missed you and your inspiration. Thanks for such a butt-kicking post.

Take care of yourself and enjoy your pregnancy. You've got the right attitude in life.

xo, Rachel

P.S. Thanks for the recipe. Sounds yummy.

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl...great post! I got sick and tired about a month ago and gave myself a kick and wow...life is good! What a mental game huh!

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home