Sunday, August 14, 2005

Tomorrow is a New Week!

Well, tomorrow will be Day 22 – almost a month since I started my new challenge. Some days are good, some are harder. Today was a good day! Although I couldn’t quite fit in all of my meals (I woke up too late), I had great workouts! I went to the gym, did Chest/Tricep/Abs… I didn’t focus on my abs too much as they were still sore from the day before. I’ve had some interruptions in the middle of my workouts but that was partly my fault, a friend of mine showed up at the gym and I was in the mood to talk – his girlfriend just won a Fitness Competition and she’s now NPC qualified to go for her PRO Card. I’m always so focused and serious at the gym, and since its SUNDAY, I made myself relax a little bit. After my weight workout, I came home and ate. After about 1 hour, I decided to do my 30 minute cardio session. After 5 minutes, I was ready to get off the bike! My legs were burning and screaming! I didn’t want to quit so I worked through it. It’s always hard to do cardio the day after my intense leg workouts! I also went for a casual night walk with my daughter, dog, and husband…we walked may be 1.5 miles but by the time I got home, I was breaking a sweat! The humidity always gets me; it’s very humid here in NC. My husband kept complaining about how he gained so much weight lately. He’s never been above 200 lbs until last week! He eats way too many cookies; I ought to call him “COOKIE MONSTER!”.

Some of you are probably wondering what my personal battles are during this very interesting challenge of competing! Well, it’s not as easy as people think, this is more difficult then some of you may realize. Here’s my list of battles:

Having to cook two separate meals each night for me and for my husband. While I eat my chicken breast, sweet potato and green beans…I’m whipping him some pizza, cheeseburgers, home baked cookies, etc…he eats what he wants but I cook it! HARD!
My Day Time Job! I’m a Real Estate Coordinator that is prospecting to sell or lease our available outparcel/land to restaurants users such as Applebee’s , Ruby Tuesday’s, Starbucks, IHOP, etc. With this being said, I talk and think about FOOD all day long!!!! Talk about having to battle my evil twin each day! HA!
Missing my cheat day! Don’t get me wrong, I wont’ give in and binge, but what I will say is this, I will certainly learn to appreciate the freedom of eating what I want as long as it’s authorized! Being on strict diet that you cannot deviate from is hard! I might feel like eating one thing but I can’t have it, even if it’s BFL authorized. Do I miss my sweets such as chocolate, etc? Sure I do, but not as much as I miss my freedom to eat and cook what I want each night! *lol*

I had promised that I was going to write my weekly goals and here they are:

Stick to the program and do my four 30 minute cardio sessions! (NO, not three but FOUR!) *lol*
Eat 6 meals a day, even if it means waking up earlier on the weekends! HA!
Be Patient! Not weigh myself every other day, but only ONCE a week!
Be sure to spend quality time with my daughter, and make the effort to talk to her in FRENCH so she can talk to her grandmother someday :-). Most of you probably don’t know this but I’m Canadian French!
Go to bed by 10:00 PM each night….and with this being said, I’m 20 minutes late! Got to go to bed!!

Till next time!!!

Hugs,
Carole

4 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

Carole, you are an incredible person...I love reading your blog, and your goals are great...I am right there with you on the scale...if you can do it, so can I...I am NOT gonna look at the scale until next Saturday morning...sheesh, if you were anymore super woman, they would make a comic book with you in it...lol...I can see it now...FW on your chest...Fitness Woman, able to conquer large weights in a single rep...lol...hugsssssssss
Christie

10:46 PM  
Blogger Colorado Kid said...

Carole,

We are all in corner and wish you nothing but the best. You have made a great transformation. This is only step one of what you can achieve!... Keep up the hard WORK!

Casey

7:46 AM  
Blogger Stef said...

C~
I'm with Christie...i love reading your blog! Although, I do weigh myself everyday and don't see that changing anytime soon. I don't LIVE by the #'s though.....i know it varies a lot from day to day. I can feel when weight comes on or falls off... odd how one can tell.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Carole Ingram said...

Christie: I might need to get a T-Shirt that says exactly that "Fitness Woman" *lol* - I love the idea! Or something like "Fitness Mom" - nothing is sexier to me then a Fit Mommy, don't you think?!? :-) hehe.

Colorado kid: I'll keep working hard for me and you! :-) Thanks for your words of encouragement! Keep visiting my blogger, I love your posts!

Jim: IHOP, yup, we just did a deal with them this year. They are at one of our Outlet Centers in Rehoboth Beach DE. We visisited them back in April for their grand opening... I obviously stuck to my BFL eating habit, but everyone else got to try every single item in the breakfast menue! Can you Imagine the amount of food!?!??!?! It was a FEAST! Everyone was looking at me weird with my egg whites and wheat toast *LOL*

Stef: Yup, I'm with you on that one! Definitely know when the fat melts off! I just feel SEXIER! Can't wait to vote for you! Hope you win that trip!!!

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home