Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Today is Day 23! :-) only 67 more to go!

Wow – I had a great back workout yesterday! I had so much energy when I got back home and ate; I did over 2 hours of cleaning! Laundry, folded clothes, cleaned the bathroom, etc. After all that, I was going to do 30 minutes of biking, but after 2 minutes on it, it started squeaking really LOUD! What an AWEFUL noise that was to my poor little ears! Well, no despair, I got TAEBO! I don’t consider it Cardio really, but it was better then doing nothing! Hopefully I’ll be able to get my husband to take a look at my bike tonight (he’s slow to fix stuff!), something is seriously wrong with it! Argggg! There’s NO way that I can tolerate that awful noise! I didn’t want to do my weights and cardio back-to-back, each sessions takes all my energy and I’d be soooooo exhausted by the time I’d get done with both, you’d have to carry me out of the gym! ALSO, I don’t want to take the risk of overtraining, I want to preserve my muscle mass. I drink my shake about 1 hour before I workout, eat again about ½ hour after, wait another hour and do my cardio. I generally try to get my cardio in at about 9:30 PM and then go to bed.

People are starting to see a difference at the gym; they say that I’m starting to be more defined. Yesterday while working out my back, a gentleman that has been casually talking to me since I started BFL back in the beginning of February commented on how I was starting to show signs of definition and muscle in my back! I was THRILLED! I’ve NEVER had anyone comment on my back before…my legs and arms always got the attention, but now my BACK!!! WAHOO! I guess my hard work is paying off!

I may soon need to add more cardio in my routine, or perhaps morning 2 mile walks, depends if I’ve hit a plateau or not, I have a feeling I have, won’t know for sure till Thursday!

2 Comments:

Blogger Stef said...

Yippee! Carole has great back muscles!!!! That is so awesome! I hate the fact that I can't see my back on a daily basis...i have muscles that I can't see except for pictures. And yes girl....your legs are soooo muscular! OK, put your legs together with my back and we would be ready for a figure challenge today. Well, maybe not TODAY...but we would look damn good!

Way to go C~ you are doing a great job. Keep it up and I will follow you!!!

Stef :-)

2:26 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

*high five* That is awesome, don't you love complements like that...lol...my co-workers think I am weird...I'll walk up to them and say..."hey, feel my calve muscle...go ahead, just feel it...." They have taken to rolling their eyes, and saying, oh no, here we go again...lol...a girls gotta do what she can to get a compement you know...I think it's awesome that you are getting them, and not having to pander for em...lol
Hugs
Christie

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home